Financial Reporting in the Natural Resources sector
Join our webinar on Thursday 30 November as our industry specialists help you to navigate the key requirements of sector-specific accounting issues and what your auditor will be expecting from you.
This webinar is designed to provide finance teams with an overview of common deficiencies in the following key accounting areas:
- Transitioning categories from exploration to mine under construction through to production
- Depletion under the unit of production method
- IFRS 6 and impairment considerations
- Impairments under IAS 36
- Accounting for asset retirement obligations, decommissioning provisions, and environmental rehabilitation
- Accounting for Purchase Price Allocation and the tax implications.
We will also cover issues relating to the presentation and disclosure of these matters, simplified examples of disclosures, and key documentation to get in place ahead of the audit.